Dave Heath is Ocean Minded’s Director of Sales and has been a vital part of our team since the company was founded in 1996. Most of his time is spent managing 20 independent sales reps, who are located all over the United States, but Dave also works closely with the other in-house employees to create unique footwear designs, expand distribution in a meaningful way, and execute new marketing strategies.
Dave says the secret to his success is to ‘take a personal approach – not only with your staff, but also with your customers’. He does this by spending quite a bit of time traveling with each sales rep and working with them to enhance their respective territories. While on the road, Dave regularly visits our retail accounts and strengthens our partnerships, in order to grow the business of both parties. When he’s not working, Dave can be found at home with his family, or surfing his favorite Orange County secret spot.
- The ocean
- Hardworking people who are passionate about what they do
- Spending time with my wife Micah and our boys Evan & Mason (pictured above with his son Evan at the Ocean Minded office)
- Playing guitar
- Laughing with my friends but usually laughing at them
- Mountain biking
- Eating good food and drinking beer
- Favorite Quote: ‘There’s nothing that a good day of surfing won’t cure’